Membership
Who's Online
Kinship Summary
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Which server are you in favor of moving to?
Arkenstone
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Crickhollow
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Gladden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Landroval
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Don't Care Which One
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Geezo
GeezoBrain
Officer

re: Voting Thread - Which Server?

Hi, everyone! This is the voting thread. It's been about 11 days since the news broke about which servers would be closed. There are four choices - Arkenstone, Crickhollow, Gladden, and Landroval. Brandywine is closed to transfers. I will add a fifth option - "Don't care which one". I'll leave the poll up for 8 days.

People can post in this thread.

(edit by Savine: This is not a final vote. We also have a vote with-in the game for those who do not use the website. We have no information further from Turbine other than we are closing and the four choices. A lot can change between from now until we can move, like another transfer server taken off of the list so even the one that is in the lead might not be a choice when the time comes.)

Wulfgrim2
Officer

I am going to hold off on voting for  a couple days.

I have concluded that, for me, Arkenstone is our best destination. But Celeb is on Landy and I am unaware of what his thoughts are on the transfers and what, if any, future he would have with POME. These are the two thoughts I am mulling over personally.

Perhaps others will post their thoughts on the transfer as well and result in push / pull one or the other direction with my vote.

I will go with the Kin regardless of the destination.

Geezo
GeezoBrain
Officer

I haven't voted yet, but here's my concern. Landroval was name checked by a lot of people on Riddermark. I mean the general players. So it may be the number one destination.

One of the three others may be quieter and less laggy.

Arkenstone is what I'm leaning towards as well.

Celebdriel
Byrmeldir
Officer

Hiya

I voted for Landroval because I would love us to be back together again and I would love to run content with you :). Ridder is in a good position as it is nearly first cab off the rank. I am in a kin on Landroval which has a player in the player council. The consensus is if Landy begins to fill up too much they will close transfers there. This will leave kins moving less choice (For the later servers). I think it is the third most populous server behind Gladden and BW.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Celeb

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Wulfgrim2
Officer

Well I decided... I voted Landy.

Gilwhinery
Gilhilde

If the group decides to move to Landy I will probably just join with the 11 characters I already have there, which leaves me still looking for a server for my Riddermark toons. I suspect Landy will be the most popular server to move to, and it can get a bit laggy there, especially in pvmp. Maybe the new servers will handle things better, but I'd rather try a brand new server. So I voted Crickhollow, but I am okay with it if the group mostly prefers Landy.
Wulfgrim2
Officer

It has been 2 weeks ant today was set (tentatively) as the start for transfers among the big five for one week before the closing servers had a chance.

It seems there might be a delay but how long? Lots of time to vote it would seem. :)

LOTRO producer post

MESavine
Leader

re: September or October

Vyvyanne is online now Executive Producer
Quote Originally Posted by Angthriel View Post
So being proactive as suggested by Frelorn as a group our kin had given ourselves a transfer date .... given it said that starting August 3rd they were going to slowly enable it ... we had agreed on a date for this past Wednesday, clearly we were a little too optimistic of Turbine's ability to move this along sooner than later, our bad, honestly we should have known better. lol, however still no transfer option. Is there a more likely date range we should aim for? It's starting to throw off people. Really hoping for a slightly more detailed time frame, not that i don't understand the difficulty. The Kin wants to transfer as soon as possible, we don't want to pick a date in October and have it open tomorrow and have all kinds of miss communication. I do hope I can get some kind of response that isn't some snarky comment, than again i can just make the 30 min drive to Turbine HQ and ask this in person. I wonder if they would even talk to me???? lol. here's to hoping sooner than later

I am glad you guys are set to move as soon as possible, but I would recommend a date in September or October
We found some issues in testing on Bullroarer that we would like to resole before launching on Live. We are finishing up that new build now and hope to have it and the first phase of Live transfers started soon. There will be mails sent out in game as soon as transfer is open for each server and we will also be posting here on the forums and in emails as soon as we have dates, but typically notice will only be a couple days in advance at most as we are walking the balance of getting this out as soon as possible while also trying to make it as error free as possible.
Cassoway
Officer

So I voted that we should wait.

Why?

Because I think that Turbine has phased the transfer and hasn't been too firm on dates to mitigate risk.

I don't think they know what is going to happen.

I will think it is time to move when they actually open us up for move.

I will start thinking about where to move once they have officially announced where we can move.

They don't know what is going to happen and if it will work in full.

I bet that they open up the moves and something breaks or the failure rate is too high, and they roll back the changes and reassess the plan and maybe do moves in December, but I don't know how they get their budgets for release development.

so don't make a whole ton of investments on the server we vote for, we will move to one of the servers that we can move to when our window is up.

Mithalion
mickyluv
Officer

And so, it begins...

Landroval.

Wulfgrim2
Officer

mickyluv wrote:

And so, it begins...

Landroval.

Yup Mith and Turbine is only a couple days past their original schedule.

Original schedule said Ridder transfers will open about a week after the transfers for the big 5 servers remaining open.

MESavine
Leader

Quick quote from the Ex. Producer:

We will be opening transfers off of the closing worlds starting in the next few weeks based off the performance of this initial set.
For details and FAQ regarding the new transfer process and world closures, please see the following article: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

Thank you,
Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
Executive Producer”

Q. When does Migration Begin?

A. This is based on testing and performance as we roll out the system. Currently we are testing on Bullroarer and if you download the Bullroarer client you will be able to copy Live characters to it using the new system. If all is well, we plan to open Migrations between the remaining worlds in Mid-August US:Brandywine (off world only), Gladden, Landroval, Crickhollow, and Arkenstone EU: Laurelin, Gwaihir, Sirannon, Evernight, and Belegaer. If all goes well there we will open for migrations from the smaller worlds starting with one from each region and opening up more worlds for migration based on progress. When your world is ready for migration, you will receive an in-game mail alerting you to this. We will also be sending out regular out-of-game emails announcing which worlds are available for transfer.

Mithalion
mickyluv
Officer

Thanks for posting that Sav.

There is one tidbit in there that wasn't clear before. Lots of speculation on the OF about what 2 servers at a time meant. Was it 2 in total or 2 per region? That statement by Vyvyanne clears that up.

Riddermark will be the second NA world to 'sunset'. I still think that puts us in a very good position to choose the server the majority wants. 

Mike

RasterMan

I'm not going to vote as I've not been on for a while so I will respect the choice the kin makes and move all of my toons there!

Hello there

The game is getting patched tonight/this morning (delete as appropriate to time zone). It's highly likely the Transfer Option will be turned back on after last week's false start. The results of this thread are conclusive, but I accept that doesn't necessarily reflect the views of the kin accurately. 

So what are we doing? I might be acting selfishly here, but I have toons on Brandywine in limbo effectively, and I'd like to know if I can begin moving them. I'd be more than happy to do some legwork in reserving the kin names and scouting out kinhouse locations. I don't mind spending the ~35gold or so to reserve the housing spots even. 

Cheers

Mike

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: