Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MESavine
Leader

re: Riddermark the world kin

I will first say I have not played for a year so by no means take what I say as truth.

I always got a feeling, when I did play, that for the most part Riddermark was a small grouping of people that no matter what worked together. I know that when we started to get smaller we did a lot of runs with people from other kins. I imagine that when our own kin's active numbers dropped so low that we did not have enough people to do larger runs we found people throughout Riddermark to work with. And though it might just be me, I imagine that it would be nice to know were some of these other people are thinking about moving and the reasons why they picked those worlds.

In the world chat these are the rumors so far as to where people and other kins are planning or hoping to move to (please feel free to add any you might know.)

First I want to talk about Steam. It is rumored (I use this as I don't know and this is only from world chat) that Steam points people to log into Gladden. Some people in Riddermark do not seem to mind this and others have count that as a strike for going to Gladden. Those that count it as a strike claim that Steam users have no invested interest in buying content or furthering characters past what is free. Others, that being tocla :D, claim that Steam users are jerks (which I guess he can say as he uses Steam to play games) and that we should rule out Gladden for such a reason.

Kins rumored or that have voted to go to Gladden if given the choice:

The Phantom Riders of.... (I forgot to write the rest down, sorry)

Black Ops (Rumored as no one from Black OPs was on to speak up)

Crickhollow:

Order of the Ebon Hawk

Second Breakfast (Though the leader is trying to change this)

Arkenstone:

Radicus (who is bent on getting everyone from Ridder to Arken and claims that he will take SPECTRE with him no matter what)

OZ Raiders ( https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?574001-Ozraid-Announcement-Our-New-Home! )

Several un-kinned players expressed interest in going to Arken after Rad's announcement however I can not find the paper with their names.

Landy:

Several people who were on during the morning hours US time express that due to other worlds planning to move to Landy and already current lag some of them were having there that they were going to leave that to other worlds/kins/people. I have nothing but rumors with this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post

I doubt that Turbine will give us numbers but you can as well use the unofficial sources of login statistics for example:

http://lotrostats.gefallenehelden.de/us.html
http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live-us.php

I do use these sites often, but they are unofficial. I was hoping that Turbine would assist as there is nothing wrong with giving us percentages; it in no way reveals the number of players playing LOTRO.

I guess for those that are interested, here are the "unofficial logins over the past 24 hours"

Arkenstone - Peaked at 350
Crickhollow - Peaked at 375
Gladden - Peaked at 800
Landroval - Peaked at 700
Brandywine - Peaked at 1,200

These will of course begin to change when they open up transfers and the influx of migrants from closing servers are factored in.

-------------------------------------

These were posted on the forms when people were talking about their world plans. For all we know Turbine might say, 'opps change of plans Ridder you are going here." Until we have the final word we really don't know what is going on but I did want to share things I have heard.

Please share any rumors you have heard or any feelings you have.

Savi

Algonacy
Algonacy
Officer

It's just a post on the LOTRO forum but this post says that 2nd breakfast is moving to Arkenstone:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?573907-Second-Breakfasts-is-moving-to-ARKENSTONE

From this post below it has the following posted (this post will supposedly be updated as more announce - who knows if the OP will follow through?):

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?574497-Kinship-list-Where-are-we-going

Black Ops: Gladden
Jellystone Park: Gladden
Lords of Moria: Landroval
Order of the Ebon Hawk: Crickhollow
Phantom Riders of the Rushgore: Gladden
Second Breakfasts: Arkenstone
S.P.E.C.T.R.E: Arkenstone

Isucy - support toon, Taracy - DPS/Heal toon; these are all max level, non end-game alts

Bergcy, Coycy, Poncacy, Gocy, Mckency - all non max level currently

(I have a creep.... can't remember his name but I'm sure it has a "CY" in it)
Mithalion
mickyluv
Officer

re: lol

Alg got there before me.

Maartena is pretty active on the OF, so I'd expect her to keep that thread updated. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I've narrowed it down to two servers I'm interested in. Despite what I said before, I will not split my toons between 2 servers. It was a mistake before. I just don't have the LotRO energy any more for that. Ultimately though, I'll go with the kin.

Feelings - I don't really want to go to Gladden. It's the Steam server (but that might change, who knows) so the population demographics are likely to be younger players, with higher turnover, and a less mature (in terms of end-game) character population. I don't mind Steam, indeed I use it, but not for LotRO.

Crickhollow is meh. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing to make it stand out either. The name is nice I suppose.

Arkenstone is very tempting because it will be the destination of many Oceanics, and Riddermark characters such as Radicus. Until recently it was in the Crickhollow bracket of meh for me, but the recent news makes it a very serious contender.

Landroval was my original gut feeling, and I still think it would be a great server for our kin. We have friends established there and they have given us an insight into how the server works. I believe the RP-EN will deter enough people so we don't see the predicted population explosion. But I could be very, very wrong about that.

This will be a useful site in the coming weeks.

Currently % of logins:

Brandywine - 22%

Gladden - 13%

Landroval - 12%

Crickhollow - 7%

Arkenstone - 6%

The other 10 - 40%

In my opinion Turbine will manipulate the moves to try and get an equitable population spread. I'm not buying into their new, amazing server tech until we see it in action. There will be no quiet servers.

Mike

Barnabras
Barnabras

I'm pulling for Landy myself.  It has a more mature and helpful player base overall.  I also see many ex-Ridderplayers in the moors.  Surprising how many times someone chats that they transferred to Landy from another server and it ends up being Riddermark.  From our old RoI creeping days, I see Hineallas, Qilmax(not active), and Cpeace.  Mario, Fraed and a few other freeps/creeps are there as well.  Lots of good natives to group with as well.

MESavine
Leader

re: Second to Arken

That is funny about Second going to Arken because they were first going to Crick. Then one morning Radicus said he was moving to Arken and was going to try to take the rest of Riddermark with him. After we all talked on world for a while the leader of Second Break said that she needed to have a talk to her kin and get them to change. I am glad that worked out for her. And that the change in her kin happened so fast. My notes about the kins actually says "Second Breakfast -> Arken   Crickhollow but maybe Arken due to my big mouth." opps :D I hope Arken works out for them.

RasterMan

Sorry I've not been around due to RL problems but will hopefully be playing again as much as I can so I will go wherever the kin wants to go as I do miss all of the fun we used to have

Jump to: