Membership
Who's Online
Kinship Summary
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MESavine
Leader

re: Timeline error with a correction by Vyvyanne

I found this digging through the forums:

Vyvyanne is offline Executive Producer
Quote Originally Posted by FrelornView Post
Greetings Citizens of Middle-Earth!

We are finally ready to reveal the details on the new World Transfer process, the consolidation of LOTRO's worlds, and their movement to a brand new data center. We appreciate your patience as we have worked to make the new transfer process as well-rounded, simple, and effortless as possible. The first part of this article will discuss our timeline and the second part will go over the details of the new transfer features themselves. So grab a goblet of Elvish Wine and kick back, because this will be a long one. Read more. "

Please note I found an error in the original article, which we are working to correct, but I will state here:
“The new Transfer Service will become available with this patch. You will be able to access it through the launcher at the World Selection screen after logging into your account. There will be a button that says “Transfer” underneath the “Play” button. Beginning August 3rd the service will be available for copying characters to the Bullroarer Test World and for free moves between the ten worlds (5 US and 5 EU) that will be remaining available after the end of this year. This is just the beginning of the process.”

The paragraph has incorrect information. Free moves between the main worlds will not start Monday, only Bullroarer copies will be available that day. Transfers between the remaining worlds will probably be a week or two later after we spend some time with the copies to Bullroarer and make sure there are no issues.

I am sorry for any stress this error may have caused.

So we have some time before we really need to make a choice and that amount of time might be quite a bit.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: