Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MESavine
Leader

re: World Closure Announcement

Official World Closure Announcement:

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-closure-announcement

MESavine
Leader

So this comment in the world transfer announcement has me confused:

By Frelorn

Characters on all of these worlds will be saved and will be available to transfer to a remaining world for free, indefinitely.

We will begin the transfer process by opening the test world, Bullroarer, for character copy. We will then open transfers between the 10 remaining worlds. Then the worlds that are closing will be opened for transfer, a few at a time, in the order they are listed below. Please watch the website, forums, and launcher for announcements regarding timing. *Note: Brandywine will be unavailable for incoming transfers for a time until population and load can be re-evaluated on new hardware.*

If that is the case does it mean that our world opens for us to move second in line behind Elendilmir? Does that mean we have to wait til Bullroarer, the ten chosen and then Elendilmir to finally pick the world we wish to move to? If we are get to move second of the closing worlds thus we will get to pick before the other worlds get a chance to move should we speed up our selection process as it will only get more crowded once everyone is able to move?

So many questions and not a lot of answers right now. The link to news about the moving has nothing more than what has already be said and no actual dates of when open moving will begin have been posted. I do not know if Bullroarer has been open for moving or anything about that or why they want the worlds left open to migrate first. I guess as we get the news please post it here.

Last edited by MESavine on Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:15; edited 1 time in total
Geezo
GeezoBrain
Officer

Uh oh - Riddermark is second in order. But in order for what exactly? Looks like that our vote may need to be less than two weeks.

Wulfgrim2
Officer

Your conclusions are very similar to my own Sav.

Bullroarer first for testing ---> Big 5 for North America and Europe ---> staggered transfers from the closing worlds to the big 5.

I also scratch my head as to why the big 5 get first kick at the can for transfers. I haven't read any reason from Turbine as to why the big 5 go first.

Mithalion
mickyluv
Officer

Wulfgrim2 wrote:

Your conclusions are very similar to my own Sav.

Bullroarer first for testing ---> Big 5 for North America and Europe ---> staggered transfers from the closing worlds to the big 5.

I also scratch my head as to why the big 5 get first kick at the can for transfers. I haven't read any reason from Turbine as to why the big 5 go first.

I think we'll be moving at the same time as Elendilmir, if I read it right. As to your question Wulf - I believe they want to open it up this way because they expect an outflow from Brandywine but they are unsure about the extent. So this move, in effect, could normalise populations on those 5 servers a bit. It might even open Brandy up if the outflow was huge, but I don't expect that to happen. Some thing applies to the EU servers, will this help normalise population percentages?

In the ideal world they want their server populations as balanced as they possibly can make them to help with server performance.

All pure speculation on my part of course :)

Mike

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Parents of Middle Earth Forum Index -> General Moving Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: